January 20-22, 2017
New Location: Camp Arroyo
Click-here to RSVP for Winter Retreat
Important Updated information: The Winter Retreat has been moved to Camp Arroyo
The storms last week caused damage to Camp Newman in Santa Rosa that they thought was under control until they realized that their water holding tanks were not working properly and it was not safe for us to come to camp this weekend. Fortunately, we were able to find another campsite and the RETREAT IS ON at Camp Arroyo in Livermore!
In this email you will find (reiterated from previous email):
Busses pick up and drop off at three locations, based on your RSVP. If you're not sure where you selected, you can refer to your RSVP receipt or email me.
Contra Costa: Friday, January 20th
Bus is leaving Bn'ai Shalom at 2:40pm (please arrive to be on the bus by 2:30 for a 2:40 departure). Note, change in departure time.
PLEASE NOTE: NOT ON CURRENT CAMPUS!!
B'Nai Shalom - 74 Eckley Ln, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Oakland: Friday, January 20th
Bus leaving Temple Sinai at 2:00pm (please arrive by 1:50 for a 2:00 departure).
Temple Sinai - 2808 Summit St, Oakland, CA 94609
Berkeley: Friday, January 20th
Bus leaving Congregation Beth El at 2:00pm (please arrive to be on the bus by 1:50 for a 2:00 departure).
Congregation Beth El -1301 Oxford ST, Berkeley, CA 94709
All busses arrive at camp before sundown on Friday.
Busses will return on Sunday, January 22nd usually around 1:00pm. Your teen can text you or call you with arrival information if there's traffic. The staff on the bus will make an announcement when we know an estimated arrival time and will offer a phone if the teens need. I will also send an email to you, alerting when the busses leave camp.
· Sleeping bag – the campsites do NOT provide bedding.
· Closed-toed shoes for the entire weekend – flip-flops and other open toed/open heel shoes are not permitted footwear for camp.
· Clothing that can get dirty: warm clothing for evenings, light clothing for daytime, rain gear if needed
· Nicer-than-usual camp clothes for Friday evening (encouraged)
· Long pants for optional hiking
· Socks and undergarments
· Water bottle - Please note that the camp has water around but teens will need to bring their own (labeled) water bottle.
· Towel and toiletries (toothbrush, bathing items, soap, shower/bathroom shoes)
· Flashlight (head lamps are great)
To Leave at Home - What NOT to bring:
· Valuable items.
· All food and drinks.
· Inappropriate clothing (revealing or which references, through slogans or imagery, drugs, alcohol, sex or violence).
· Please note that electronics and cell phones are inappropriate to use on Friday night and Saturday in group settings due to observance of Shabbat. If teens intend on listening to music or using audio electronics, they must have headphones. Camp Newman has NO cell phone service.
It has been a pleasure planning this retreat and I cannot wait to spend the weekend with your teens.
Please contact me with any questions.